On a drizzly Saturday afternoon when the No. 17 Iowa State Cyclones blew into Austin, RB <B>Cedric…
For Offense, This Time It Was Personal
That all changed with Texas' 21-10 win over No. 17 Iowa State. On the strength of RB Cedric Benson's 199 yards on 30 carries, the offense registered 245 yards, controlled the clock (33:06) and moved the chains on eight-of-17 third-downs and was two-of-three on fourth down conversions. UT's fourth quarter scoring drive that ended with RB Selvin Young's 2-yard touchdown run to seal the deal was the team's longest in terms of plays (19) and time (9:04). Texas converted five first downs and one HUGE fourth-down on the series. On the Horns' first possession of the game, the offense drove 80 yards in 12 plays, marking the first time all season Texas has recorded two or more scoring drives of 12 plays in a single game. So, what was the difference Saturday? Head coach Mack...
464 Fans online
- LET'S CHAT! Fire away with any and all questions (all day TUES)
- Recruiting Q & A Today, Fire Away....
- Scrimmage; Harrison at RT; Ced Reed confident (UPDATED Monday)
- Lots of post-practice nuggets Wednesday ... enjoy!
- Charlie Strong is building 'em back up