Rice High School is home to one of the top signal callers in the state of Texas. Taylor Cook does…
'08 Prospect Taylor Cook: Staying in Texas?
The 6-6, 205-pound Cook mentioned Texas A&M, Texas, Northwestern, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Oklahoma as schools that have been in contact. "They're just letters, mainly," Cook said. "The Texas schools," Cook replied when asked about the schools that he is interested in. "They all have very good programs. UT has very nice facilities. A&M has the same. They have new stuff. They have very good coaching staffs at both of those schools. TCU is a very good school. Texas Tech is a little further from where I live, but it is a nice place. They are all very nice." Cook, who has attended camp in and taken unofficial visits to Austin and College Station, is a lanky kid with a good arm. He also has the ability to take off and use his legs to gain yardage. "I get into the game," he said. "I read defenses pretty well. I motivate everyone else on the team. When something bad is going down, I don't really stoop to that level I guess. I just keep playing and fight through it."
511 Fans online
- JOHN BURT VISIT UPDATE (UPDATED with announcement plans)
- Strong suspends 2 charged players indefinitely (Powers ...)
- HD sources: Safety Josh Turner, LB Kendall Thompson dismissed
- **HD ONLY** EXCLUSIVE NOTES PACKAGE FOR OUR SUBSCRIBERS**
- Chevoski Collins and Jalen Overstreet dismissed