Just three seasons ago, defensive end was one of the biggest liabilities on the Texas football team.…
DEs Look to Give Texas the Edge
You can't spell 'defense' without your DEs. And the strength of Texas' defensive front, shaping up as the program's finest in a quarter-century, are its DEs. This much is certain: Texas is more loaded at DE than it has ever been during coach Mack Brown's nine-year tenure. "We still have a lot to work on, but we're way ahead of last year's schedule," Tim Crowder told Inside Texas. "We still are working on the pass rush and playing the run better and everybody getting in their gaps. We've still got improvements to do. For me, personally, it's being more relentless to the ball. There were a bunch of times last year that I missed sacks at the last minute just because I wasn't more relentless. I want to be more relentless out there and go 100 miles-an-hour." Crowder shed approximately 10 pounds this summer and, in...
488 Fans online
- LET'S CHAT! Fire away with any and all questions (all day TUES)
- Recruiting Q & A Today, Fire Away....
- Scrimmage; Harrison at RT; Ced Reed confident (UPDATED Monday)
- Lots of post-practice nuggets Wednesday ... enjoy!
- ** HD ONLY - EXCLUSIVE INSIDER NOTES FOR SUBSCRIBERS ** AUG 20