Notes and analysis from the Horns' Thursday evening practice…
Day One: Brown Says Horns In 'Great Shape'
What it meant during the first day of preseason workouts at Denius Field Thursday was a more revved up and spirited session than many predicted. "When you’re in shape, practice is more fun," Brown said. "We set the tempo but they kept up with it. That’s the biggest thing. They’re in good enough shape. They ran through it, and they focused throughout the practice." This, despite the strength-sapping triple digit heat and Brown’s remarks Wednesday about slowly assimilating the freshmen. "We felt like that, since they’re in great shape, we wanted to set a tempo with them early," Brown said. "This was probably a faster pace...
507 Fans online
- Longhorns cut from NFL Teams UPDATE
- IT'S GAME WEEK! What are your biggest concerns?
- My predictions for the 2014 college football season (flame away)
- LET'S CHAT! Fire away with any and all questions
- Malik Jefferson Has Recruiting Revelation