Jed Hughes, of Korn/Ferry International, an executive recruiting firm, will help with the search.
Per Texas, the members of the search committee are:
• Steve Hicks — vice chair of the Board of Regents, one of the board’s athletics liaisons, and owner and executive chairman of Capstar Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
• Robert Stillwell — member of the Board of Regents, one of the board’s athletics liaisons, retired partner at Baker Botts LLP and an original director of Mesa Petroleum Co.
• Michael Clement — accounting professor, McCombs School of Business at UT Austin, and faculty representative to the Men’s and Women’s Athletics Councils.
• Ricardo Hinojosa — United States federal judge for the Southern District of Texas, former member of the university’s Commission of 125.
• Charles Matthews — former vice president and general counsel of Exxon Mobil, current president of the Texas Exes.
• Robert Rowling — former member of the Board of Regents and owner and chairman of TRT Holdings Inc.
• Charles Tate — chairman of Capital Royalty, former member of the executive committee of the university’s Commission of 125.
• Pamela Willeford — former U.S. ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein and former chair of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.