Texas offensive coordinator Major Applewhite discusses the Texas quarterback situation and TCU's…
Robinson Speaks on Defensive Improvement
When Greg Robinson took over the Texas defense, the group was in shambles. Instead of improving off what most considered a poor 2012 campaign, the defense was scorched for 550 rushing yards at BYU, leading to the dismissal of Manny Diaz as defensive coordinator less than 24 hours later. Also in that time period, Robinson was promoted from his football analyst position in the player personnel department to the same defensive coordinator job he held nearly a decade ago in 2004. The rough outing against Ole Miss — Robinson had three actual practices to prep the troops — could be expected. But other than some late breakdowns, Texas looked much improved against Kansas State, and while the Iowa State game wasn't perfect, the Longhorn defense held when it mattered most. Then, of course, came Oklahoma. Texas held...
514 Fans online
- Longhorns cut from NFL Teams UPDATE
- My predictions for the 2014 college football season (flame away)
- IT'S GAME WEEK! What are your biggest concerns?
- LET'S CHAT! Fire away with any and all questions
- Malik Jefferson Has Recruiting Revelation