Julien Lewis scored 19 points off the bench as Texas ended TCU's inaugural trip to the Big 12…
McGruder, Wildcats Claw Past Longhorns
All year long, Texas has been prone to long stretches of stagnant offense. Thursday, those issues came home to roost at the same time as the emergence of Wildcat wing Rodney McGruder. Texas coach Rick Barnes talked after the Longhorns beat TCU 70-57 on Wednesday night in the opening round of the tournament about needing a much better effort on Thursday to hang with the Wildcats, who won both regular season matchups by double-digits. And there the Longhorns were, at the 12:48 mark, within striking distance at 45-38. But Texas went ice cold over the next four minutes, while McGruder scored one-third of his game-high 24 points, leading the Wildcats on a 11-0 run. And later, when the Longhorns hit back-to-back threes to turn a 17-point game into an 11-point one, the Wildcats responded with two quick buckets, including one from the All-Big 12 guard. "That's what's been really the story of our season...
480 Fans online
- LET'S CHAT! Fire away with any and all questions (all day TUES)
- Recruiting Q & A Today, Fire Away....
- Scrimmage; Harrison at RT; Ced Reed confident (UPDATED Monday)
- Lots of post-practice nuggets Wednesday ... enjoy!
- ** HD ONLY - EXCLUSIVE INSIDER NOTES FOR SUBSCRIBERS ** AUG 20