In what was touted as a battle between the nation's top three-point percentage defense, and one of…
Texas-Iowa State Preview
1) Strength versus Strength When Texas(8-7, 0-2) travels to face Iowa State (10-4, 0-1) Saturday, the Longhorns will be matching their top strength (defense) against the Cyclones' top strength (offense). But even more specifically, it's a matchup between the league's No. 1 three-point defense — Texas is holding opponents to 22.0 percent from behind the arc, best in the country — and the league's best three-point launching offense. The Cyclones rank second in the Big 12 in three-point field goal percentage, and are first in three-pointers per game, making 9.43 shots per contest from behind the arc. Iowa State gets 34.3 percent of its points from three-pointers, 37th in the nation. And because of the prolific rate that the Cyclones shoot those shots at, Iowa State doesn't even have to be hot to do serious damage. Just ask Kansas. The Cyclones put up 38 three-pointers against the Jayhawks, making 14. That's 36.8 percent, a good, but not blazing-hot number. And that was what the Cyclones...
509 Fans online
- 9,000 tickets remain for UNT game
- Longhorns cut from NFL Teams UPDATE
- My predictions for the 2014 college football season (flame away)
- IT'S GAME WEEK! What are your biggest concerns?
- LET'S CHAT! Fire away with any and all questions